Did you know that Rembrandt’s sells hard ciders as well as wine? As the weather gets warmer, a cold hard cider is the perfect refreshing beverage. Here are some reasons you should consider a hard cider next time you visit us:
1. Hard ciders aren’t just limited to apples.
Although a lot of hard ciders are made from apples, others are brewed completely from other fruits. Some examples are pineapple cider and pear cider (also known as perry). A lot of ciders mix both apples and other fruits to make unique flavors.
At Rembrandt’s, we currently have 6 different ciders to choose from. Some of our favorites are:
- Blake’s Hard Cider Co. Beard Bender (the closest flavor to a craft beer, made of apples)
- Blake’s El Chavo (firey mango-habanero apple cider)
- Ciderboys Peach County (a summery blend of peach and apple) and
- Ace Pineapple Craft Cider (the first pineapple cider in the world—it tastes like, well, pineapples!).
2. It’s good for you!
We all like to know that something we’re drinking anyway is actually good for us, and with hard cider, this is true!
Hard cider is made from fruit (usually apples, but not always). The fermenting process doesn’t remove the vitamins and minerals you would get from the fruits themselves—that means you’re getting your vitamin C and antioxidants. In fact, hard cider has more antioxidants than green tea!
Obviously, like any alcoholic beverage, drink it in moderation.
3. Like wine, ciders can be sweet or dry.
The sweetness of the cider depends on the alcohol content. In general, the more alcohol there is in the brew, the less sweet it will be. We offer a wide variety of both sweet and dry ciders at Rembrandt’s.